Session 6 (Afternoon) - “Trauma 101 in Schools” – Debra Ross, CWTC
This session will cover the unique needs of school staff who interact with children who have experienced trauma on a daily basis, the Child Welfare Training Collaborative (CWTC) developed Trauma 101: Understanding the Impact of Trauma on Children for School Professionals.
• Child Trauma: Definitions and Types of Trauma
• How Trauma affects Children and Youth
• Overview of Impact of Trauma on the Brain
• Managing Physical and Psychological Safety for Children in a school setting
• Strategies for Educators to Enhance Child Well-being and Resilience