Professional Development And Continuing education Units
Information for GSCA Conference Attendees
All conference attendees will receive a Professional Development Form (in duplicate) in the registration bag/packet. There is no additional charge for the form.
- At the conference, attendees will be responsible for completing the form indicating which sessions and events have been attended.
- At the conclusion of the conference, attendees will sign and date the form and turn in one copy to the registration desk. One copy will be for personal use to self-submit (see below).
- Forms must be submitted in person at the conclusion of the conference and will not be accepted late.
- Hours available at the 2019 conference (hours for the 2020 conference will be posted soon):
- 3 (half day) hours for pre-conference attendance
- 14.5 hours (12 hours for NBCC) for general and concurrent sessions (subject to change based on final conference schedule).
- There will be a single 2 hour ethics session offered on Friday morning as part of the general conference concurrent sessions. These hours are included in and not in addition to the 14.5 hours mentioned above. No pre-registration is required and no additional fee applies.
Attendees are responsible for self-submitting to the appropriate credentialing body.
National Certified School Counselors (NCSC): NCSCs are board certified counselors who offer the highest standards of practice for schools and students because they have met stringent education, examination, supervision, experience, and ethical requirements in school counseling. For details, please click the links below:
Continuing Education Information & to Download Submission Form
Licensed Professional Counselors in Georgia: For details, please click the links below:
State of Georgia Application for Reinstatement (from State Board Website, form version March 2017)
Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC): GaPSC was created by the Georgia General Assembly on July 1, 1991, to assume full responsibility for the preparation, certification, and professional conduct of certified personnel employed in the Georgia public schools. Professional learning for the purpose of certificate renewal in Georgia is described in Certification Rule 505-2-.36, Renewal Requirements. This rule outlines the basic requirements that professional learning must be job-embedded, done on a continuous basis, and done while working with colleagues in a professional learning community. For more information, please click below:
Professional Learning for Certificate Renewal
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org