Learn how one district's faculty and K–12 students collaborated to encourage all students' career and college aspirations. The Adopt-A-Classroom initiative paired high school with elementary school students to share their future stories, which included four-year colleges, working in the trades, military service and entering the workforce. Through this conversation, elementary students became excited to take advantage of the opportunities offered at their high school and to explore their own future stories.
After viewing this webinar, you will be able to:
- Brainstorm a program connecting high school students with elementary students to encourage a college-going culture.
- Access resources to use during classroom presentations.
- Encourage alternative pathways while in high school, such as CTE & dual enrollment courses.
- Brian Jandreau, Principal, Gorham High School, Gorham, ME
- Kate Stevens, School Counselor, Gorham High School, Gorham, ME
Feb. 10, 2020, 11 a.m.-12 p.m. Eastern