What is the Every Student Succeeds Act? As a school counselor, what do you need to know about the federal government’s biggest K-12 law? What opportunities does ESSA presents for you to influence decisions affecting your students’ access to and opportunity for a high-quality education?
After viewing this webinar you should be able to:
- Describe the opportunities – and responsibilities – the ESSA presents for you to influence decisions about school improvement in your school and district.
- Identify ways to ensure your school’s approach to improvement is rooted in data, relies on evidence-based interventions research shows have improved student outcomes and are well-matched to your school’s context and the students you serve.
- Discuss your role in prompting school and district leaders to meaningfully engage students, families and community members in every part of the school improvement process.
Allison Rose Socol, Assistant Director of P-12 Policy, The Education Trust
Natasha Ushomirsky, Director of P-12 Policy, The Education Trust
Nov. 28, 2018, 3:30 PM Eastern
To Register for ASCA Webinars:
- Login to your ASCA account and click on "My ASCA" in the top right corner.
- From your dashboard, click on "Register for Upcoming Events."
- Find the webinar and click "Register to Attend" and complete the registration process.