Culturally Sustaining Social/Emotional Learning
Social/emotional learning is an integral part of education and something school counselors should focus developing in their students as part of their school counseling program. “SEL can help address various forms of inequity and empower young people and adults to co-create thriving schools and contribute to safe, healthy, and just communities” (CASEL). Walk away with strategies to implement SEL interventions to support diverse students and teachers and to help you create more positive school climates in your school.
After viewing this webinar, you will be able to:
- Strategize ways to work with students to support social/emotional learning skills and mindsets for diverse students
- Brainstorm interventions that help increase teacher wellness
- Identify unique cultural considerations and strategies when working with diverse students, including English-language learners.
- Citlali Estela Molina, Assistant Professor, University of Texas at Tyler
- Dominique Hill, School Counselor, Williamson County Schools, Franklin, Tenn.